Startup Resource Links
We come across great startup resources at the local and national level. Below are links to some of the best across the country. It’s not comprehensive, but it’s a place to start. The list includes some Utah resources, but if you’re looking for full list of Utah resources, check out the Utah Startup Connectory
Online Startup Training / Materials
- Kauffman Founders School – Free Entrepreneur Training & Videos from Kauffman Foundation – Highly Recommended!
- Kauffman Founders YouTube Channel – Video library
- Steve Blank’s Startup Tools List – Steve is a Stanford professor that literally created the formula for successfull entrepreneurship. This is his list of startup tools. Highly Recommended!
- Steve Blank’s Free Training Resources – A collection of free and almost free tools, class syllabi, presentations, books, lectures, videos curated by Steve Blank to make your path as an entrepreneur or educator easier. Highly Recommended!
- Steve Blank’s FREE Lean Launchpad Course – An introduction to the basics of the famous Customer Development Process, Steve Blank provides insight into the key steps needed to build a successful startup. Highly Recommended!
- Free “Lean Startup” Training Seminar from Eric Ries – Become a Lean Startup Guru. Learn Lean Methodology from Lean experts like Eric Ries, Steve Blank, and more.
- Lean Launchpad Video Library – Free course on lean entrepreneurship
National Startup Organizations
- TechStars Startup Weekend – Launch a Startup in 54 hours
- Startup Grind – community looking to be educated, and network with the smartest startup minds.
- TechStars Startup Week – National events across various cities. A weeklong celebration of entrepreneurs, training, speakers and events.
- 1 Million Cups – Every week, across 160 cities, entrepreneurs get together to discuss challenges, give advice and help each other succeed.
National Startup Funding Resources
- Utah Investor Directory
- MountainWest Capital Network – Dealflow data and news on startup funding across the mountain west.
- https://www.mwsbf.com/ – Mountain West – Utah Small Business Finance
- https://the-elevator.com/ – The Elevator – Private Equity and Investment Magazine
- https://www.americanventuremagazine.com/index.php – American Venture Magazine The venture capital publication for entrepreneurs and investors.
- https://www.angelcapitalassociation.org/ – Angel Capital Association
- https://www.ventureworthy.com/ – VentureWorthy.com – See if your co. is worthy of Angel Investment
- https://www.angelcapitaleducation.org/ – Angel Capital Education Foundation
- https://www.angelcapitaleducation.org/starting-a-group/ – Angel Capital Education Foundation – Starting an Angel Group
- https://www.bizpitches.com/ – Bizpitches.com – The Business Hub For Entrepreneurs!!
- https://www.capital-connection.com/jointventures.html – The Capital Connection – Joint Ventures Financing Sources
- https://www.egcap.com/home.html – Entrepreneur Growth Capital
- https://www.firstround.com/index.cfm – First Round Capital (Super Angel Group)
- https://www.fundingpost.com/events.asp – FundingPost.com
- https://www.kickstarter.com/ – Kickstarter – Fund & Follow Creativity
- https://www.kiva.org/lender/mortgagedude – Kiva – Lender William Tuning from Tenino, WA United States
- https://www.launchboxdigital.com/ – LaunchBox Digital – Seed Investment and Accelerator Program
- https://www.nasvf.org/ – National Association of Seed and Venture Funds
- https://www.nvca.org/model_documents/model_docs.html – National VC Association – Example Investor Docs
- https://www.pwcmoneytree.com/moneytree/index.jsp – PricewaterhouseCooper – MoneyTree™ Report (Report on quarterly venture capital spending)
- https://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1365/is_n7_v26/ai_17868141/ – How to strurture family member loans
- https://www.allbusiness.com/banking-finance/financial-markets-investing/13281377-1.html – Fund-Raising – Consider Private Debt
- https://www.paulgraham.com/angelinvesting.html – How to Be an Angel Investor – Paul Graham