HighGear '17 Outdoor Rec College ContestRecognition & Awards for Student Innovators
High Gear 2017
Grow Utah and Adventure+Gear Fest have teamed up for another “High Gear – College Outdoor Rec Innovation Contest”. The contest is open to all Utah college or university students who have developed (or developing) an outdoor rec product or service. Finalists will showcase their innovations at the Adventure Gear Fest, June 23rd, at Snowbird and prizes will be awarded to the top dogs! It will be a great opportunity to gain exposure and crowd feedback for your innovation!
UPDATE: The application window is now closed. Come see the finalists pitch on June 23rd at the AdventureGearFest at Snowbird (at 2:00 in the Rendezvous Room at the Snowbird Center. ) Adventure Gear Fest and the pitch competition are FREE!
- In-Kind Marketing Consultation from High Mountain Marketing ($1000 value from outdoor industry experts!)
- “All Day Activity Passes” from Snowbird (zipline, rock-climbing wall etc)
- Pair of Altra Trail-Running Shoes
- Application Process: 05.01.17 – 06.13.17
- Finalists Selected: 06.16.17
- Final Pitch Event at Snowbird: 06.23.17
- Open to service or product innovations relating to the outdoor rec industry.
- Applicants must be a current student at a Utah college or university.
- Innovations must not have been in the market (available for sale) longer than 1 year.
- For hard products, applications must be able to submit a rendering, design, mock-up etc of the innovation. It needs to be enough to show that the idea could potentially work.
- Judges will base their decisions on market want/need, ability to scale, uniqueness, time to minimum viable product, size of market, etc.
"Your competition was a vehicle to keep my dream alive and was such a phenomenal experience! The C2C Competition was the perfect avenue to hone in on my focus and vision for the project. I was able to sharpen so many skills: pitching, presenting, creating compelling presentations, and networking. There were so many great opportunities to connect and network with fellow developers, investors and entrepreneurs. The level of professionalism was also impressive. The judges gave valuable feedback on things I had not thought of and has helped me since. I was so honored and humbled by this experience."
"Thank you for a marvelous experience & opportunity. It is so nice to know there is an organization out there supporting innovation and development of great ideas. Your program (Concept to Company) was such a boost to me. I understand how hard it is to not only get others to “understand” an idea, but to actually support it. In a world where the inventor is discarded so easily, your organization really has given me renewed faith that there are still those that recognize the innovator!"