2017 "Concept to Company" Outdoor Rec Innovation Contest$27K Contest for Outdoor Rec Startups
C2C Outdoor Rec ’17
Welcome to the 2017 Outdoor Rec “Concept to Company” Contest hosted by Grow Utah! This contest is for new and innovative outdoor recreation products or services. The main objective of the contest is to encourage and support Utah’s Outdoor Rec innovators with the intent of helping them turn their concepts into a company. The contest is designed to help those who have advanced their product down the road but need a little extra help to succeed.
NOTE: The application process is now closed. Come see the finalists on Oct 5th at the free pitch event and see who wins the grand prize!
SCROLL DOWN to see the timeline of events, prizes, rules, and more.
Prizes (3 Winners)
- Cash (NorthFront Entrepreneur Alliance): $10,000 ($5K Grand Prize; $2500 Each Runner-Up)
- Business Consulting Services (Grow Utah): $3,000 ($1K for each winner)
- Outdoor Product Marketing Services (High Mountain Marketing): $2,000 ($1K Grand Prize; $500 Each Runner-Up)
- Printed Promotional Items (Athletic Event Supply): $1,100 (10’x10′ Printed Promo Canopy for Grand Prize; Pop-Up Promo Banner Flags for Each Runner Up)
- Product Fulfillment Services (IFS360): $5000 ($3K Grand Prize; $1K Each Runner-Up)
- Financial Management Services/Bookeeping (Advanced CFO): $6000 ($3K Grand Prize ; $1500 Each Runner-Up)
- TOTAL: $27,100! ($13,780 Grand Prize; $6,660 Each Runner-Up)
- Application Process: 07.01.17 – 09.17.17
- 8 Finalists Selected: 09.27.17
- Final Pitch Event (Open to Public -RSVP Here!): 10.05.17
General Eligibility Requirements. See Official Rules for Complete Details (Link coming soon)
- Entries must be for a product or service suited for outdoor recreation activities including hiking, biking, camping, hunting, fishing, snow sports, paddlesports, watersports, shooting sports, golf or other outdoor recreation sports.
- The product or service innovation must have been in the market (sales transactions) for less than 1 year. Any innovation that was sold before July 1st 2016 is not eligible. A “new version” of an existing innovation is acceptable as long as it is fundamentally different than the previous versions and the “new version” has still only been on the market for less than a year.
- Open to all Utah residents and small businesses with under $5M in annual revenues.
- Click here to see all other rules: Official Rules
"Your competition was a vehicle to keep my dream alive and was such a phenomenal experience! The C2C Competition was the perfect avenue to hone in on my focus and vision for the project. I was able to sharpen so many skills: pitching, presenting, creating compelling presentations, and networking. There were so many great opportunities to connect and network with fellow developers, investors and entrepreneurs. The level of professionalism was also impressive. The judges gave valuable feedback on things I had not thought of and has helped me since. I was so honored and humbled by this experience."Kirsten Wright
"Thank you for a marvelous experience & opportunity. It is so nice to know there is an organization out there supporting innovation and development of great ideas. Your program (Concept to Company) was such a boost to me. I understand how hard it is to not only get others to “understand” an idea, but to actually support it. In a world where the inventor is discarded so easily, your organization really has given me renewed faith that there are still those that recognize the innovator!"Bryce Thatcher